Who owns the rights to a light elf drawn by the 2d designer? May the developer add some code of your game to his or her portfolio? And what should you do if your publisher does not pay? Oops. Moreover, game development can be ordered as based on the outsourcing. Thus, you might consider contractual relations both within the team and with outside stakeholders, and we can help you with the respective documents.
Game protection (and legal tower defence)
Your game can be protected with:
- proper, correct and competent agreements with programmers, designers and audio engineers
- registration of trademarks comprising your game’s name in different countries (Ukraine, the USA and EU)
- application for copyrights and patents (optional)
- preparation and examination of your contracts with the publisher and counterparties
- GDPR compliance: a toolkit for the reliable protection of personal data
Monetization and distribution of profits
So how can IT lawyers assist gamedev companies with monetization?
Expanding into new markets
New markets – new rules? We can assist you with: